Cloud Computing is one of the fast-growing technology all over the world, it’s the best way to move from traditional business software to IT resource.
Let’s analyze and find-out whether cloud computing is boon or bane for businesses.
What is Cloud Computing?
Cloud computing is the trending technology used for delivering of computing services and resources such as server, database, storage, analytics, networking and software over the internet on the selected pay basis. This computing technology is useful for small, large and medium businesses. The reason behind calling it “Cloud Hosting” is we can access any information anywhere-anytime.
There are 3 Cloud Computing Services
- SaaS(Software as a Service)
- IaaS(Infrastructure as a Service)
- PaaS(Platform as a Service)
Now let us know whether Cloud Computing is boon or bane to IT businesses.
Advantages of Cloud Computing
- Cost-Effective : The reason behind almost all enterprises shifting the business from traditional technology to cloud computing services is that it costs lesser, along with pay for only the features or resources used. Enterprises need not worry about storing their information on disks anymore, because cloud computing services provide immense space to store information and also save enterprises money and work.
- Paying Only for Used Services & Quick Increase of Resources : If you’re using any of data centres and willing to increase your computing resources you need to buy new server and carry on with install and configure process which will be more expensive. But you will never face such hurdles in cloud computing as it comes with built-in easy resource scalability feature, you just need to scale up/down the resources as per needed.
- Remote Accessibility : You are allowed to access your stored data from anywhere at anytime using internet via any device.
- Automated Software Integration Process : The owner doesn’t need to sit, customise and integrate his software manually because software integration takes place automatically in cloud computing. The owner will be allowed to modify his options with a user-friendly interface and also have option to select only the services and software useful for his business.
- No Hardware Requirement : As all the data, details and database will be stored on cloud virtually, there will be no requirement of hardware or any physical storage equipment.
- High Security : Many organisations use cloud computing service for their business because it safeguards all the resources against hacking, data stealing and virus attacks. It uses updated firewall technologies to protect and secure their customers data.
Disadvantages of Cloud Computing
- Low Bandwidth Issue : Data will be stored on cloud and many users accessing their data at the same time causes the low bandwidth issue.
- Prone to Attacks : As you know nothing is secured on the internet fully, so this computing service can be attacked anytime due to its accessibility through internet.
- Limited Flexibility and Control : Cloud users will have limited control over the services and executions based different cloud hosting service. Cloud providers also limit the control to their customers for handling their software, database and services. The cloud services will be running on virtual servers, which makes it difficult to control the information and software.
Now you know how cloud computing or cloud hosting can benefit the IT firms. It is highly secure, reliable, cost-effective and high on resource scalability. Do check out Cloud Hosting by VPS9.Net if you are looking for highly scalable and reliable cloud hosting with 24/7 technical support.